No Affordable Lingerie for Plus Sized Ladies

Whilst surfing the web I stumbled upon a lingerie company advertising some truly beautiful lingerie. I was very impressed with the beautiful designs and quickly looked up my nearest stockist. This turned out to be John Lewis in Cardiff South Wales UK. The lingerie company in question was Wacoal and the range I saw was Embrace. 

Picture used from https://www.wacoalbras.com/wacoal-embrace-lace-plunge-bra-853291.html as an example.



Unfortunately for me I rushed 26 miles to Cardiff only to find out I had not looked up the sizes and guess what I could not find anything that remotely fitted me. Even the lady who served me who was not huge told me that she too would not be able to find any Wacoal lingerie to fit her. So as I was in Cardiff rater than make it a wasted journey I decided to go on a shopping spree/research gathering. 

I say research because I set up my own lingerie company in 2014 Oh La La Shop Ltd. I sell the lingerie through my website www.ohlalashop.co.uk and have always been passionate about trying to find lingerie at the right quality and price for the larger lady. So off I set first stop John Lewis lingerie department. Well it did not take me long to work out I was way to large to find anything to fit me. The biggest sizes they stocked were 38 DD (UK sizing). I have had a look on the John Lewis website today as I write this and again the biggest sizes they have are 36E (UK sizing). Well I am no where near a 36 inch chest. I promptly left John Lewis and spent nearly 2 hours going from shop to shop and time and time again I found that anything I liked, anything I found pretty or sexy was just not available in my size.

 The second shop I visited was very close to John Lewis, Bravissimo. This is quite a large store and is full of lingerie. I quickly found the Fantasie Belle bra range. I immediately fell in love with the range and quickly looked for the sizes. 40 GG (UK sizing) was the largest they went too. Unfortunately I am about 4 inches bigger and the lady was helpful but suggesting I purchase an extender because I was so large left me feeling very embarrassed so I scuttled out of the shop with my tail between my legs. 
Picture used from https://www.bravissimo.com/products/belle-bra-beige-fa60bi/ to show example.

Victoria Secrets was my next port of call. This company has a large network of stores across the UK as well in other countries so my hopes were high that I surely would find something that would fit me, surely. The Demi bra in leopard print looked very nice well at least my partner thought so I had to tell him to stop staring at it on the mannequin. So we both eagerly looked for the sizing chart. Yet again we both found out that the biggest size was 40 DDD (UK sizing). Well by now I was really getting frustrated and was starting to feel tired so even though I had the money to go wild in the isles, I could not spend my money because no one had anything to fit me. 

Picture used from https://www.victoriassecret.com/vs/bras-catalog/incredible-by-victoria-s-secret-demi-bra-5000006546?choice=4NH1&genericId=11156365&productId=82b328aa-ef52-4ab1-9f2f-da75e5709189&searchBrand=vs&searchedFor=demi to show example.

We did mange to find some shirts in the sale for my partner but as I climbed into the car after hours of looking round shops I could not hold the feeling of depression and sadness back. The fact that I could not find anything to fit made me feel as if I was a freak. I get enough abuse from people starring at me if I order a cream cake so this feeling did not sit well with me. This is because I am hugely successful I have a great family my career goes from strength to strength. We have a very comfortable living I have money to spare and would of loved to buy some pretty lingerie with my hard earned cash. 

This lead me to thinking just how damaging it is that women of a larger size can not find pretty sexy things to wear. Mental health is obviously spoken about far more often these days and self worth comes very high in the amount of cases there are. Larger sized women have enough abuse to deal with without the fact that no company can be bothered to manufacture lingerie that is both sexy and practical for a larger framed lady. I have spent the last 5 years trying to find manufacturers who can supply cost effective lingerie that also offers sizing that goes big enough. Unfortunately I have yet to find any and I am now researching how I can make my own range of lingerie. I am still wrestling with all the laws you need to work with in order to manufacture your own products but this venture is close to my heart and I am determined to succeed. I would love to hear from anyone who has found any sexy lingerie for a plus sized frame. Do not hesitate to leave a comment or email me direct at ohlalashop@hotmail..co.uk. 

Written by
Oh La La Shop Ltd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dangers of anal sex

LGBTQ+ baby boomers vs Generation Z

Alternative Lifestyles, Mental Health and the M Word.